Tuesday, October 19, 2010

A Most Perfect Scarf Display

It took nearly 30 years but, finally, I have settled upon the BEST way to store and display my scarf collection.


I can now view every scarf I own, the flocked bars keep the scarves from slipping, and I never have to worry about ironing before wearing.

Once numbering over 200 pieces, I have narrowed my collection to the most unique blends of colors and patterns, which still leaves me with over 100+.  However, given the wealth of selections while thrifting or shopping the internet, I'm sure to exceed that number all too soon, again, LOL.

An added benefit of scarves:  when in doubt, or just too tired to work my wardrobe, I can always count on a quick scan of my scarf collection for color inspiration.

BTW, need to give a plug to Hermès' new site dedicated to Fashionistas of the Scarf, J'aime Mon Carré, aka I Love My Scarf website.  See how scarf dressing is played out around the world, then send in your own photos in an Hermès scarf (yes, they can be thrifted if you know where to look).

3 comments:

  1. Best resolution for scarf storage i have seen on the internet. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. WHERE DO YOU GET THOSE HUNGERS?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I purchased these 4-on-1 pants hangers at local discounters like Marshalls/TJ Maxx/Tuesday Morning.

      Delete